Sunday, April 3, 2016

The Week in Review 

We celebrated Sweetheart's birthday a few days early because he'll be working nights on his actual birthday. I took the chance to make him a birthday pie. I really appreciate that neither he or I are traditional birthday cake people. My mom has been making chocolate mousse for my birthday since I was a kid. I hated cake.

I've since recovered from my loathing of cake. But I'll still pick pie or cookies or most other desserts over cake any day.

I feel like I've been working through long lists of things to get done. I've run shopping errands getting more work clothes, looking at apartments online, sending off my licensing paperwork. But no matter how much work I seem to get done I feel like I'm not doing enough every day.

Additionally, the preparation for residency has lead to me to develop severe insomnia. I completely fail to sleep at night these days. I just lie there and think about the fact that I'm supposed to start residency in two months!! It's awful. Then I stress out about not sleeping because of how sleep deprived I'll be in a few months.

On nights when I do sleep, I have extraordinarily strange dreams. Last night I had a dream I was hiding dogs from Batman, had a dream I was pregnant and trying to get my OB to explain how that could have happened, and had a dream people I knew were telling me what day they would die. I won't belabor this point because there's nothing as boring as other people's dreams -- but either I don't sleep or I just wake up really confused! 


The Week in Snapshots 


Muffins / Happy birthday / Birthday Pie / Wedding DIY

Reading

I'm still working on this book -- it's really excellent I just need time to finish it off!

Listening 

Guess who has a new EP -- my favorite!!

3 Things

  • I love the birthdays of people I love -- but I hate my own birthday. I spend hours picking out gifts for other people. I love trying to come up with or make a perfect gift. But I hate when people make a fuss about my birthday -- I mean I didn't do anything! 
  • I have to retake BLS this week so I can then go get my ACLS certification. Aye. All the pre-residency things to do. 
  • I have finally finished half of my knitting project. It only took me a month to get this far, but I'm getting faster and faster. Hoping to have it done in two and a half more weeks. 


Loving from Around the Internet 

I had these hoodies recommended to me by a friend -- while they run a little on the pricey side I've been told they're worth EVERY penny. I just ordered one for myself -- review in the coming weeks. (P.S. Click through and I think it should give you $15 off!)

1 comment:

  1. Just FYI... I can't see your book/song pictures in chrome or firefox, only seems to work in Safari... just letting you know! :)

    ReplyDelete