Sunday, March 27, 2016

The Week in Review

Thursday was the last day I would ever go to class as a fourth year medical student! Don't worry, my duties as a medical student are far from over and include several teaching engagements in the next month to keep me busy. It's hard to believe that four years and suddenly it's all over.

I'm starting to realize how many things I have to do before residency. From finding an apartment in my new city to working on invitations for our wedding to going on a trip with my brother, I am going to have FAR from a restful two months before I am set to start residency.

I've got to fit some downtime in somewhere. I'm hoping to get lots of running in, get through all the books I own before I have no time to read next year, and maybe even do some "studying" about surgery issues so I don't completely forget everything I know. (We'll see about that last one).

The Week in Snapshots

Wedding crafting / Sweetheart rocking those pancake skills / Our last day of med school ever / Celebratory gelato / Awesome vegetable lasagna / Breakfast of champions

Reading

Listening 
My listening recommendation this week is not a song, but instead a podcast. If you all have never heard the hilarity that is Dear John and Hank, a podcast by the Green brothers, I highly recommend it. You can find it a million places, including on iTunes podcasts or here on Soundcloud.

3 Things

  • I purchased a plane ticket for after graduation and realized I could put "Dr" in the box where I usually put "Ms". 
  • I've officially knitted about 60 rows of this project I've been working on. I've also realized I have about 50 more hours of work on this project before it's done. 
  • I recently read a study that showed that surgeons who play video games have fewer complications in laparoscopic surgery than those who don't -- considering using this as an excuse to play Sweetheart's XBOX. 

Loving from Around the Internet 
This really fancy coffee maker I want to buy for myself... except I don't have $200 to spend on a coffee maker right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment