Sunday, April 10, 2016

Weekly Update April 3 - 9

The Week in Review 
I can hardly believe that we're at the end of another week.

Med school (and residency I'm starting to see) is one long to do list that you never get to the bottom of. I remember in high school or college when I would make a to do list and even if spanned a whole page, somehow I could manage to get everything done and still have time to kick back at the end of the day and relax.

I NEVER get there anymore. Instead I work furiously trying to get to the end of the list, give up with a few things still on it, and kick back anyway. (Priorities, right?). Sometimes no matter how much you do, there will never be enough hours in the day.

I know that often do more by lunch than lots of people will do in their entire day. I'll get up, answer emails, study, workout, clean, get ready, run an errand, get some residency paperwork done, etc. But somehow I look up and it's 11:00 at night and my notebook is still filled with unfinished items.

If anyone has a time turner, consider this my formal request for one.

The Week in Snapshots

Cute new slippers courtesy of Sweetheart / Matcha pistachio ice cream / Climb days / Chicken pot pie / Sweetheart finding creepy stuffed animals while thrifting / Run days / Thrifting for days

So apparently the links don't show up for some of you for my book and music recs each week! I've formatted them differently this time, I hope it works now! :)

Reading
Okay, so this isn't fair because it isn't technically out yet...

BUT HAVE YOU GUYS PREORDERED THE NEW HARRY POTTER???

In case the time turner reference earlier wasn't enough of a cue for y'all, I am now, always have been, and always will be a huge Harry Potter fan.

Listening
I've been listening to this album by the Mountain Goats a lot the last couple days. I will sometimes go weeks without listening to a Mountain Goats song and then will binge on them for days and days. If you've never indulged in the beauty that is the lyrics written by John Darnielle... well... get on it.

3 Things

  • I am so incredibly close to finally finishing this blanket that I've been kitting for the last month and a half. I'm getting ridiculously anxious to have it done. 
  • I went for the most ridiculous climb today, by the end of it I could hardly lift my arms up to reach the last couple holds. I then made the mistake of coming home to make risotto -- too much stirring. 
  • The #NoSleepTillResidency watch continues. Mostly I just lay awake and think about how close I am to being a real resident. Eek! 


Loving from Around the Internet

Last week I talked about these hoodies recommended to me. Well, I took the liberty of ordering myself one, guys. AND OH MY GOODNESS. I have not taken it off since I got it. I'm often not one to buy into the hype of things.... but this is SO WORTH THE HYPE. If you have any doubts about spending a bunch of money on a hoodie-- leave those doubts behind. I am convinced that I could wear this thing every single day and never again have to worry about it falling apart. I'll probably be living in it come residency.

1 comment: