Sunday, May 1, 2016

Weekly Update April 24 - 30th

The Week in Review

I spent most of the week avoiding studying for ACLS. But the good news is that I am officially ACLS certified. I am not convinced that I will ever be comfortable running a code by myself. I guess that's why residency is 5 years, right? I'm trying to get a thousand little projects done before I have to leave, everything from making decorations and save the dates for our wedding to to packing up boxes of stuff for the new apartment. Some of you have probably figured out that we're not getting married till May of NEXT year. So why am I doing all this work so early?? Two words: SURGICAL RESIDENCY. There is no way I will have time to cut wine bottles down to vases and individually make dozens and dozens of save the dates after June.

Sweetheart's had quite a cold for the last couple of days -- but being his normal self he's been completely unwilling to take time off or relax or sleep -- you know the things that will help you get over a cold. I love him, even for all his stubbornness. But send some well wishes that he'll feel better in spite of himself.

The Week in Snapshots

Working on Save the Dates / Cut wine bottles for some vases for our wedding table decorations / healthy oatmeal breakfasts to get through these long days / Cute boxes to propose to my bridesmaids!


Reading
This sequel to House of God has been sitting on my shelf for months. Now that I'm several pages into it, I can't believe I waited this long to pick it up!

Listening 
Hamilton. Just all the Hamilton all the time.

3 Things

  • I know that all these little DIY touches to our wedding will turn out AMAZING but I'm definitely getting lost in all the little details of it. 
  • Our dishwasher exploded, literally. We're hoping the new one gets delivered tomorrow. I'm tired of hand washing all our forks and coffee mugs. I'm realizing now how many mugs I use a day. 
  • I certainly feel like I don't own that much stuff... but packing it up has been a proof of just HOW MUCH STUFF I OWN! 
Loving from Around the Internet 
I just picked up this amazing bath bomb from Lush and promptly used it the same day I bought it. I cannot recommend it enough. I felt like a freaking Midsummer Night's Dream fairy floating around in all the rose petals and pink. 


No comments:

Post a Comment