Thursday, February 25, 2016

Migration Season


Photo: Snow geese in Boulder, CO


There are lot of changes coming in my life. Strange changes I'm not sure I'm entirely ready for like my rapidly approaching graduation day (less than three months away!) and transition from LadyKay (almost) MD to LadyKay (actually) MD and my move from girlfriend to fiancé and next year to wife.

But here's one change I'm really ready for: a whole blog upgrade.

A lot of you have probably noticed that I haven't been as active on tumblr over the last few months. Between interviews and traveling for the holidays, blogging, photographing, and vlogging have really fallen by the wayside.

NO LONGER!

I got asked frequently over on tumblr if I planned to continue blogging into the future as I started up residency -- the answer is of course, yes! But just as I change and grow, I think it's time for this blog to change a little bit as well. I can hardly believe it's been a 6 year journey over on tumblr, one I've been immensely thankful for, but one that I am ready to leave behind in favor of a more "blog" style blog.

Never fear, tumblies, you all will continue to receive updates both as I will link posts from this blog there on tumblr AND of course, how else could I follow and reblog from all my amazing #medblr friends?

The good news about this migration is I plan to do more real blogging over here than I did on tumblr. With an easier to use format, I'm hoping to have more structured posts about:

  • Essays
  • Recipes
  • Advice about medicine/surgery
  • Weekly updates 
  • Photos
  • Fashion in medicine
  • Thoughts on balance in medicine 
  • just... more... 


What my years on tumblr have been lacking is the discipline to sit down and blog in a way that functions more like my journaling does.

I'm excited for this next step as we go forward and hope that I can continue to do here what I've done for so long on tumblr: show the honest, human pieces of one journey through medicine.


2 comments:

  1. Yay Lady Kay (frikin finally) MD :P Life a la med here, just wanted to say I'm adding your new site to Feedly & am looking forward to your posts as per usual. :P
    ps. 21 days O.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like you vanished.. Are you okay? Can we catch you somewhere?

    ReplyDelete